Monday, August 22, 2011

WTF -> Workshops Totally Finished… or almost…!


2 more weeks and its over??? Seriously !?!? I can’t believe that we have a few more days to work on these workshops and then it all ends… or actually it just STARTS! There many things to do after the program ends but as for now we are just focusing in making a few tweaks on our tool and doing lots of translation. One might think that working in 3 languages is hard but let me tell you that it’s not…. It’s not hard….it’s just a pain in the …. head! We are 1 day away from starting our validation workshops, it’s time to test our “little” experiment and find out if we’ve created a monster BUAHAHA!!!!! Or if we’ll turn into monsters after finding out if we need to remove or add things to our tool.

Life in the office is a bit crazy…meetings here and there between Canadian and Honduras groups (not in exclusive kind of way but in a “let’s get this thing together” kind of way). We all have different responsibilities among the group some are busy going around buying stuff for the validation workshops and others are freaking out a bit about the translating part…lots and lots of information! Some are thinking how can there be so much to do and so little time… but there’s always a way to get things done (Oh yes that’s what I think). So I took some time off from translating and decided to vent by writing a blog :) yay yay!!!

So yes… lot of work but like I said… I’m sure we’ll manage to get everything done and ready ;) !!! Switching subject a bit…it’s only Monday and I can’t wait for Sunday to be here woohoo …. First of all the translation work will be done by then AND…. OLIMPIA the greatest team EVEEEEER (at least in Tegucigalpa…my hometown :P ) will be playing against Deporte Savio, Santa Rosa’s soccer team!!! I guess that will lower my stress level a lot….although… I’m really into FUTBOL (spanish for soccer) especially when my team is playing and I yell a lot during the game…well at least I’ll get to set free my lungs!

I guess that this time there’s no story about any cockroach or milking a cow …its juts me venting about our work this week! I’m not surprised though, I kind of knew that the last weeks were going to be a bit crazy, it’s just that it all seems to be happening so fast… We will be saying goodbye to our Canadian teammates in 12 days!!! Wow… now that I think about it… I better stop whinning about how much work there is to do or how translating isn’t really fun…. And just try to enjoy our last days here! I’ve learned so much during this almost 3 months, worked with great people, milked a cow and had near death experiences (I mean the cockroach experience)… I just have to think about those things and keep in mind the goal of this program and I’m sure that in 2 weeks from now I’ll be blogging about how this was all worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment